Description of Duties
- Opportunities may exist in Programs or Facilities Divisions of the Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources Department
- Person aids in set-up / breakdown of facilities and equipment with some lifting involved for certain events
- Person may work directly with participants to help run events such as game activities, craft or activity stations, tournaments, sport-skill drills / games, etc.
- Reports directly to the Recreation Supervisor or assigned staff
- Volunteer may work with participants of all ages
- Volunteer will aid full-time and part-time staff members in conducting special events over short periods of time (usually 1 to 5 days)
Ideal candidate has had some previous experience working with recreation activities. Must be willing to work with others to ensure events run smoothly
Volunteer should have their own transportation to and from special event activities and should also be accessible via phone and email. If requested, must be willing to attend a department training session prior to the event(s).
For more information you can contact Carrboro Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources at 919-918-7364 and fill out our Volunteer Application Form.